Each character possesses a certain number of non-supernatural talents and skills, called Abilities.
There are 32 types of Abilities in AIT. They are listed below.
- Acting - Acting combines a knowledge of costuming and makeup with
the ability to change your mannerisms and disguise your voice.
- Arcane Lore - Arcane Lore represents a sort of "book learning" of
the supernatural. It won't help you cast spells or use disciplines, but
you gain some familiarity with various supernatural creatures and magical
- Authority - You have the voice and mannerisms of one who is
accustomed to being obeyed, possibly because people tend to obey you.
- Awareness - Awareness is exactly that: an awareness of your
environment and what is going on around you.
- Bureaucracy - Bureaucracy is an indispensable ability when you have
to deal with government institutions and regulations, allowing you to cut
through the red tape and get things done.
- Brawl - Whether you're a rough-and-tumble street fighter or a
highly trained martial artist, Brawl is the ability to lay the smack down
using your bare hands.
- Casting - Casting is a more targeted magical knowledge which
relates specifically to learning and casting rituals.
- Computer - It's all about the Pentiums, baby. If you want to write
software, hack into the Nosferatu mainframe, or design your clan's HR
database, you'll need Computer.
- Drive - Drive lets you outrun the cops, manuever past the Sabbat
road-block, and operate a stick-shift.
- Empathy - You can use empathy to examine a Kindred's actions and
behaviour and discern the emotions that are motivating her.
- Finance - You understand the esoteric flows of money through
society, and can bend them to your will (and your bank account).
- Firearms - The subtle art of not missing what you shoot at.
- Investigation - Investigation represents your powers of
observation and your ability to pick up on subtle clues.
- Language - All characters can speak English. Language represents
any other languages you may be fluent in, such as french, spanish, or
- Law - You are familiar with the landmark legal cases of the last
few centuries and you can construct a court brief.
- Leadership - Leadership is that certain charismatic charm possessed
by cult leaders and presidents. You can draw others to you and influence
their emotions and actions.
- Medicine - Medicine grants you a familiarity with the human body
and it's ailments, as well as a knowledge of common medical procedures.
- Meditation - You can use the arts of meditation to center yourself
and reestablish control of your Beast.
- Melee - Swords, knives, nunchaku, and big sticks. Melee is all
about laying the smack down with the assistance of a sharp, pointy, or
- Occult - Occult represents your facility with the discipline of
- Performance - This is a catch-all ability for various types of
artistic expression. Acting is a special case of performance, and has its
- Persuasion - Unlike Authority, which is used to bark orders,
Persuasion is the ability to convince or coerce people into doing your
- Repair - You can use Repair to, appropriately enough, repair
mechanical things which have broken.
- Science - Science represents a broad academic body of knowledge,
including not just physics and chemistry, but also geography, history, and
other fields of study.
- Scrounge - Some people can just find things in a city. People,
services, guns, or whatever; you have a knack for knowing where to look.
- Security - The Security ability is used primarily to break other
people's security systems, rather than install your own. You can disarm
alarms, detect traps, and pick locks.
- Sewer Lore - A carefully guarded secret of Clan Nosferatu, Sewer
Lore is a famiarity with the labrynthine tunnels beneath the city known as
- Stealth - Stealth is, quite simply, the ability to move quietly and
hide from view.
- Streetwise - A character with Streetwise knows the protocols and
mores of dealing with street people, including hobos, pimps, and small-time
- Subterfuge - Subterfuge is a measure of how well you can lie or
misdirect attention from something you wish to remain hidden.
- Survival - Often known by Gangrel, Survival is used to survive in
the wilderness or other hostile environments.
- Throwing - You've got a good throwing arm. This ability will
improve your aim with rocks, shuriken, knives, or (with enough potence)